If you are interested in editing and translating a volume in the Syriac Treasures series, please send a short letter of inquiry to Armando Elkhoury at email@example.com.
Your letter of inquiry should be brief (200 words or less in total) and answer the following questions:
- What is the title and unifying concept of your volume? (For example, is the volume a text or series of texts by a single author? Is the volume a collection of texts by multiple authors on a common theme?)
- How will this volume be of interest to a broad, non-academic audience?
- What text(s) will be included in your edition and translation?
- Are there previous editions or translations? Does the Syriac text already exist in a digital edition? (Please provide full citations.)
- What is the status of your work? (Have you already begun preparing the edition or translation?)
- How have your own interests and expertise prepared you to undertake this volume?
The editorial board meets periodically to consider letters of inquiry and a board member will notify you of a decision. If the volume is a fit for the Syriac Treasures series, the editorial board will invite you to submit a formal proposal and provide instructions on how to proceed.